Creating a portfolio is a rewarding experience and a great way to share your artistic talent with the world. Assemble a portfolio for submission to any art school or similar course of studies. Develop your working abilities centred on your visual creativity to produce a balanced portfolio.
|Frank Thirion & Steve Holland||19 July||Wednesday||6:30-9:30pm||13||$495||Enrol now|
Creating a portfolio is a rewarding experience and a great way to share your artistic talent with the world. Assemble a portfolio for submission to any Art School or similar course of studies. Develop your working abilities centred on your visual creativity to produce a balanced portfolio. We will cover general drawing of line, form and mark making, life drawing of the male and female form, painting from observation and abstraction, and a number of creative projects.
- Week 1: General drawing line and form
- Week 2: Drawing from observation marks and scale
- Week 3: Drawing from observation still life
- Week 4: Panoramic Drawing elongated format
- Week 5: Life drawing the female form
- Week 6: Life drawing the male form
- Week 7: Life figure using clay
- Week 8: Painting - Self-portrait
- Week 9: Painting from observation - still life
- Week 10: Painting - abstraction from nature in acrylics
- Week 11: Painting - abstraction from nature (continued)
- Week 12: Creative project a collage exercise
- Week 13: Creative project (continued) and review
By the end of the course, students should have an art portfolio showing the student's unique sense of drawing expressed in charcoal, pencil, ink and clay. Paintings will show their use of colour, mark making and observational skills. Their creative projects will demonstrate creativity expressed using a variety of mixed media.
Please note completion of this course does not guarantee acceptance into any Art School or entry into Tertiary studies. The course aims to provide a student with the confidence to undertake a degree course in the visual arts.
Who should enrol
No prior knowledge or experience required, best for those requiring a prerequisite art portfolio for submission to an Art School for tertiary studies.
You will be required to bring a sketch book (visual diary) as it becomes a component for your final portfolio.
Frank Thirion: Frank is a graduate of the ANU School of Art and holds a PhD in Painting. Frank's artistic interest continues to explore in paintings and photographs the effects of light and gravity as seen in the universe. His works are in the collections of the National Museum of Australia, Australian Parliament House (Canberra), and the Murray-Darling Basin Authority, as well as in private collections across the world. To see some of Frank's work please visit the following site http://frankthirion.com