Introducing a brand new course! Learn the process of hand-set letterpress printing from the initial stages of design, hand-setting the moveable lead and wooden typefaces, to printing.
|Milan Pintos-Lopez||18 July||Tuesday||6-9pm||6||$495||Enrolments closed|
- Week 1: Introduction to presses and equipment, their associated safe use and operation.
- Weeks 2-4: Design development and typesetting techniques
- Weeks 5-6: Individual project completion and printing process
By the end of the course, you should:
- have a broader understanding and appreciation of typography and the origins of book design and letterpress printing
- develop confidence in the use of printing presses and the equipment within the letterpress studio
- have completed an edition of beautifully hand printed and typeset letterpress prints.
Who should enrol
Anyone with an interest in typography or a love for the written word.
Workshop materials will be provided in class.