The fundamentals of painting
Calling all beginners. Discover the world of painting as you explore basic colour theory, brushes, supports, mediums and subject matter in this short, but exciting introductory course.
|Felicity Green||5 August||Saturday||1-4pm||7||$300||Enrolments closed|
- Topic 1: Begin by experimenting with the three most popular painting media, watercolour, oils and acrylics.
- Topic 2: Painting supports, brushes and processes.
- Topic 3: Composition- the importance of the elements of design through preparatory drawing exercises.
- Topic 3: Colour Theory – using a restricted palette and colour harmonies in painting
- Topic 4: Subject Matter- how to explore and develop themes in your artworks.
At the end of this course, you should have:
- be able to consider and apply theoretical factors involved in organising visual elements
- be able to experiment with various media and experimental approaches to painting
- be able to investigate a single form-idea
- have an appreciation of a diverse range of painting techniques.
Who should enrol
This course is best suited to beginners.
- An A3 painting pad for Acrylics
- A 2B lead pencil
- Any paints and brushes you have at home
- Two water jars and 2 paint palettes- ice cream lids, old dinner or plastic plates, the bigger the better
- An old rag and wear old clothes or bring a painting shirt.
Supplies will be provided for your first class until you have decided which media you prefer.