Jewellery fabrication masterclass: The craft behind the piece
Behind every beautiful piece of jewellery is an important mechanism that ensures its functionality. In this course, discover the fundamental techniques to metalshmithing - the craft behind the piece - as you create hinged and lidded jewellery boxes, brooch pins, earring hooks and necklace clasps.
|Bifei Cao||4-5 & 11-12 February||Weekends||9:30am-4:30pm||4 days||$495||Enrolments closed. Join our mailing list|
- Week 1: jewellery boxes
- Week 2: brooch pin, earring hook and necklace clasp
At the end of this course, you should be able to:
- create three dimensional jewellery and objects by hand
- accomplish more technique learning, especially mechanism.
- transfer designs or sketches to metal
- review jewellery and metals historically and culturally
- take the challenge to explore possibilities
Who should enrol
This course is open to anyone interested to explore jewellery making.
You will need to purchase personal protective equipment including safety glasses and a dusk mask and bring these to class each week. Suitable clothing and sturdy covered shoes are required within the gold and silversmithing workshop. Long hair should be tied up.
You should also bring a sketchbook and/or notebook, pencil and extra fine permanent marker for drawing onto metal.