Develop the confidence to fabricate work from a sheet of metal into a three–dimensional form. Explore foundation fabrication techniques that will enable you to create your own ring with stone setting, cufflinks, boxes and other complicated constructions.
|Bifei Cao||10 January||Tuesday||6-9pm||10||$600||Enrolments closed. Join our mailing list|
- Week 1: Introductory exercise - saw piercing
- Week 2-4: Set project - pendant
- Week 5-7: Set project - ring
- Week 8-10: Self directed project
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- create jewellery and objects by hand, such as bookmark, earring and ring
- accomplish basic technical processes: cutting, joining, forming, finishing and surface embellishment
- transfer designs or sketches to metal
- have general reviews about jewelry and metals historically and culturally
- take the challenge to explore possibilities
Who should enrol
This course is open to anyone interested to explore jewellery making.
You will need to purchase personal protective equipment including safety glasses and a dusk mask and bring these to class each week. Suitable clothing and sturdy covered shoes are required within the gold and silversmithing workshop. Long hair should be tied up.
You should also bring a sketchbook and/or notebook, pencil and extra fine permanent marker for drawing onto metal.