Ceramic form and surface
Explore the possibilities of ceramic through the potters' wheel and clay hand building. Experience a range of surface techniques using a variety of materials as you develop your approach to form and decorations.
|Cathy Franzi||9 October||Monday||9am-12pm||6||
Using historical objects and contemporary artists as inspiration, discover the possibilities of ceramic form using the potters' wheel and hand building techniques. Discover a range of surface and decorative approaches and the appropriate firing techniques required.
Feel the freedom to pursue your ideas and to cultivate your individual approach under excellent guidance and instruction.
From beginners to advanced, expand your skill-level!
By the end of the course you should have:
- created a number of works in your chosen field
- gained new or developed existing skills
- cultivated an individual approach to outwork your skills, conceptually and in practice.
Who should enrol
This course is designed to include all levels of ceramic experience including absolute beginners.
- Fishing line to cut clay
- Ceramic tools – to be discussed in class
- Good quality brushes
- Plastic to wrap clay and work
- Apron and old towel