|Michael Milgate||2017 dates TBC||9am - 5pm||1 day||$695||Enrolments closed||Join our mailing list|
Strategic thinking is a powerful and invaluable skill that leads to greater chances of success in whatever professional projects you are involved in. It involves setting goals, developing long-range plans, anticipating the unexpected, analysing your environment, and even cooperating with your competitors. In this course you will get a comprehensive guide to the skills, tactics, techniques, tools, case studies, and lessons behind this all-important process.
- What is strategic thinking?
- Know your geography/territory
- The core and rise of strategic planning
- Which business strategy?
- Finding your blue ocean
- SWOT/TOWS and other models
- Perils and power of strategic deception
- Sources and uses of reliable information
- Evolution of cooperation
- When strategy breaks down
- The relationship between forces, luck and culture
- Strategic thinking – a way of life
At the completion of this course you should::
- be able to plan more effectively, outsmart your competitors, and avoid unpleasant surprises
- be equipped with a broad array of skills and techniques for problem solving, critical decision making, competitive intelligence, and long-term planning.
Who should enrol
This course is suitable for small business owners, people considering or in the process of setting up their own business and entrepreneurs.