The ability to coach your staff is recognised as an important skill for managers and a key factor in team and organisational success. This workshop offers participants fundamental and practical skills into how to coach, motivate and engage staff.
- When to coach and why
- How to use coaching to achieve team and organisational outcomes
- Characteristics of coaching conversations
- How to plan for and structure a coaching discussion
- Simple coaching models
- Key coaching competencies and techniques
- Coaching demonstrations and opportunities for participants to practice their coaching with each other.
At the completion of this course you should be able to:
- Use coaching to encourage and motivate staff
- Plan, conduct and follow up on a coaching session
- Improve engagement and performance using a coaching framework
- Set achievable goals and priorities for staff
- Further embed a coaching approach into teams
Who should enrol
People who have staff supervisory responsibilities or who lead or manage others.