How to communicate your data story
Data can enhance our understanding of the world and provide guidance to decision making. But data can also mislead and confuse. The purpose of this course is to help you develop your 'data sense' and 'data literacy' to better manage, analyse, discover and communicate critical insights derived from your data.
- Session 1: Data source, data collection and data management
- Session 2: Methods and tools for summarising and analysing data
- Session 3: Practical exercise I
- Session 4: Communicate with your data.
- Session 5: Data presentation and visualization.
- Session 6: Practical exercise II
At the completion of this course you should be able to:
- identify the data source and understand general data management principles
- identify the communication needs in the use of data
- understand general design principles behind data visualisation
- read and interpret quantitative graphs
Who should enrol
This course is aimed at professional's with a need to enhance their literacy and analytical skills in the management, usage and interpretation of data. If you are someone who works with a range of data and are seeking more effective utilisations of this information asset then this course is for you. Students are welcome to bring their own data for hands on practical learning. Alternatively you may wish to bring data from open sources such as data.gov.au