Digital marketing 101
Looking to improve your skills in digital marketing? Come along to this full day hands-on workshop to get an overview of all the critical elements in digital marketing of today. The digital world is constantly changing, and for those in marketing, or looking to get into marketing, this is a great way to build your business online! Get tips and tricks for your organisation on channels to use, software, systems, spends, agencies and more!
- What is digital marketing?
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) – How to get your business ranking higher in Google
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM) – How to use Google Adwords to promote your business
- Display marketing – Learn how to send your message out using banner advertising
- Social media marketing - Learn Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn marketing
- Content marketing - How to get great content to your target market
- Digital strategy - How does it all come together?
At the completion of this course you should be able to:
- define what digital marketing is, and have a good command over what should be considered within a digital marketing strategy
- define Search Engine Optimisation (SEO), assess websites, select keywords, get a list of all the items needed to be fixed to improve your site rankings, and make basic changes to your digital presence to improve your SEO
- define Search Engine Marketing (SEM), learn how Google Adwords operate, know how much they will cost, and assess your competitors
- define display marketing, and be able to devise a campaign using banner advertising
- set up social media profiles, connect, post content and generate leads using LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter
- prepare a basic digital marketing strategy for your organisation.
Who should enrol
This course is designed for people who are already in Marketing, or who would like to get into Marketing, and are looking to expand their practical Digital Marketing knowledge.
Course materials will be provided on the day. However, you will need to bring a laptop and charger to the course.
- Colin's style is easy to understand; and his passion for digital marketing is infectious! This course will definitely help me market my visual art practice.
- Thanks Colin, I learnt so many practical, low-cost tips. Went home all enthused and I've been implementing all the new things I learnt. The social media 101 course is very worthwhile.
- I participated in Colin's 1 day course Digital Marketing 101. It was an outstanding course and really opened up my mind as to not only the most effective way to connect with clients but also how many amazing opportunities there is for government and small business through Social Media right now and in the future.