Beginning Vietnamese 1
Designed for those who have no prior knowledge of Vietnamese, this course aims to develop basic language skills for simple conversations. Since Vietnamese grammar is relatively easy, the course will focus on oral and aural skills, with special emphasis on pronunciation. The lessons will also discuss Vietnamese social customs and cultural traditions.
|Thuy Pham||11 October||Wednesday||6-8pm||9||$335||Enrol now|
Topic 1: The alphabet, forming simple to complex syllables. Intensive pronunciation exercises and drills
Topic 2: Greetings and introductions
Topic 3: Time, Date and Numbers
Topic 4: Money, Ordering Food
Topic 5: Shopping, Bargaining
Topic 6: Travel, Directions and Locations
By the end of this course, students should:
- use the appropriate terms of address
- introduce yourself and talk briefly about yourself
- ask and answer simple questions in everyday situations
- order food and make simple requests in a restaurant
- state your likes and dislikes
- ask for assistance with directions and locations
- demonstrate proficiency in numbers.
Who should enrol
This course is suitable for people that have a general interest in this language, are planning to travel or work in Vietnam.
There are no course materials required for this course.