Intermediate Spanish 2
Intermediate Spanish 2 is designed for those who have successfully completed Intermediate Spanish 1, or equivalent. In this course you will continue to expand your previous knowledge and develop inter-cultural awareness.
Each week you will be learn new vocabulary while participating in communicative activities and readings.
- Week 1: you will focus on the imperfect tense of'ir + a + infinitive
- Week 2: you will learn to describe what you have done including the present perfect
- Week 3: you will be introduced to how to express by destination and time: por and para
- Week 4: you will work on expressing reactions including verbs like gustar as well as giving instructions and polite commands
- Week 5: you will focus on softening commands including the present subjunctive following querer
- Week 6: you will begin work on future and present subjunctive of irregular verbs
- Week 7: you will continue work on talking about past actions in progress imperfect progressive
- Week 8: you will learn to say what was happening including the imperfect contrast to the preterite
- Week 9: you will learn how to describe actions: adverbs
- Week 10: you will focus on using exclamations with ¡Qué…! Cuánto/a/os/as…!
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- participate in a basic conversation
- provide basic personal information
- demonstrate understanding of a written information text
- give basic spoken information about people and places
- give basic spoken information about specific needs
- demonstrate understanding of basic spoken information
- complete a form
- write a short message
- follow basic directions.
Who should enrol
.This course is designed for those who have completed Intermediate Spanish 1 or approximately 80 hours of equivalent study.
- Textbook: Nuevo Español en Marcha 1: Spanish Course with Online Access. Student’s Book. Castro Viudez, Francisca et al. SGEL-Educación, Madrid, 2015.
- Workbook: Nuevo Español en Marcha 1: Spanish Course with Online Access. Workbook. Castro Viudez, Francisca et al. SGEL-Educación: Madrid, 2015.
These materials can be purchased from the ANU Coop bookstore or through a reputable online bookstore.