Beginning Portuguese 3
This course invites you to discover the language and culture of Portugal. Every session will bring you an amazing experience of knowledge and skills. Start a friendship with the other side of the world. You will not regret it!
|Anabela Romano||6-8pm||8||$295||Join our mailing list|
- Topic 1: Talking about you: job, age and adress.Working day. Grammar: genre of nouns; numerals
- Topic 2: Relationships: family and relatives; friends. Grammar: possessif pronoun; “Qual/Quais”
- Topic 3: “Being Portuguese”: the “tipical portuguese”. Grammar: locatives “cá”/ ”lá”; “Gostas de bacalhau, não gostas?”
- Topic 4: Daily rotine: work and laisure. Grammar: v. “ir”; prepositions
- Topic 5: Review of previous lessons
- Topic 6: Healthy life: portuguese diet; mediterranian food. Grammar: adverbs; V. “dormir”, “beber”, “comer”
- Topic 7: Country life: historical villages and small towns, rural tourism. Grammar: Adjectives; “haver” vs. “estar”
- Topic 8: Social lifestyle: restaurants and pubs. Review of previous grammar items
Grammar covered will include
- verbs of 1st, 2nd and 3rd conjugation;
- regular and irregular verbs;
- adjectives and comparison;
- prepositions and adverbs;
- noun and pronoun.
By the end of the course, you should be able to:
- identify jobs;
- ask and give personal information;
- introduce family and relatives;
- talk about rotine and healthy lifestyle;
- read a menu;
- identify some features of portuguese people;
- describe places;
- express position (objects, food and places).
The textbook recommended for this course is Passaporte para Portugues 1, Lidel Editora. ISBN 978-972-757-975-4. You should buy the CD Audio and Exercise Book that accompanies the text book. This book covers the beginning and intermediate levels. Video, exercise sheets and other resources will be provided in class.
Who should enrol
Those who have completed Beginning Portuguese 2 or approximately 20 hours of study.