Beginning Mandarin 2
This course expands on Beginning Mandarin 1 to further develop your linguistic progress and to help students acquire knowledge on the most frequently used grammatical rules. We will cover aspects of cultural study, conversation drills and fun character writing. This course aims to build your confidence by addressing the more common challenges encountered in learning the Chinese language.
|Shao-hua Que||11 October||Wednesday||6-8pm||9||$335||Enrol now|
- Topic 1: Asking the way - Learn expressions of asking for and giving directions
- Topic 2: Climate and weather - learn terminology on different weather and ancient teachings on energy and seasons
- Topic 3: Making a telephone call - explore the telephone manner of Chinese people
- Topic 4: I like Taichi Quan - explore Chinese physical cultivation culture, learn action verbs relevant to sports
- Topic 5: Travel time and transport mediums - learn to describe a travel plan and book tickets using Chinese
- Topic 6: Changing money - be able to say different values of Chinese currency
- Topic 7: Shopping and currency
At the end of the course, students should be able to:
- speak on familiar topics with confidence
- establish a long term passion for probing Chinese language, culture and history
- identify the nuances of Chinese people and their values and how these could impact on their everyday life
- equip themselves with abilities to continue develop their macro skills on Chinese language learning.
Who should enrol
Those who have completed Beginning Mandarin 1 or similar study of approximately 20 hours. Public servants, university/college students, employers and employees who have or about to establish business partnerships with China, travellers and other Chinese language enthusiasts would enjoy this course.
The textbook used for this course is “Discover China” by Foreign Language Teaching and Research Press. ISBN: 9780230405950