Beginning Italian 1
Beginning Italian 1 is designed to introduce you to the Italian language by teaching you how to communicate some basic needs and wants in a travel situation and receive and respond to related information. Grammar and is covered to provide foundation skills for further studies and independent learning. Italian culture, traditions and current way of life will form part of the narrative in each lesson.
|Gabrielle Quadraccia||11 October||Wednesday||6-8pm||9||$335||Enrol now|
- Theme 1: Greetings and introducing oneself.
- Theme 2: Asking for food and beverages; Ordering from a menu; asking for prices.
- Theme 3: Asking and receiving information about where to locate various places.
- Theme 4: Buying food at the markets or at the grocer. Indicating quantities.
- Theme 5: Shopping for clothing; expressing likes and dislikes; describing clothing
- Theme 6: Asking the time, timetables, arrivals and departures.
- Theme 7: Asking and receiving information with regard to sightseeing. E.g. Museums
- Theme 8: Asking for help. Eg. at the doctor, at the chemist.
- Acquiring a functional vocabulary related to the themes. Eg. Numbers, foods
- Acquire an understanding of syntax, agreements and conjugations commensurate to the scope and length of the course.
- Acquire the ability to reproduce authentic Italian sounds. i.e. Phonetics and diction.
- Use model to produce own expressions
By the end of the course should be able to:
- Greet and introduce themselves and others.
- Articulate simple requests in everyday situations and comprehend simple information.
- Express a range of needs, wants and preferences
- Gain and or increase their appreciation of things Italian
- Gain an insight into Italian culture and social practices
- Demonstrate an understanding of the foundations of Italian grammar
- Demonstrate good intonation and clear pronunciation
Buongiorno Italia BBC Publications (ISBN: 9780563519454) is at the basis of the course. It is recommended but not essential that you buy the book and CD. Extension material will be provided to support both the communicative goals and the acquisition of grammar.
Who should enrol
Total beginners and lovers of Italian.