Beginning French 2
|Peter Dunn||12 October||Thursday||6-8pm||9||$335||Enrol now|
The course is based on lessons 6 -10 of Le Nouveau Taxi 1, Méthode de français but the pace of the course and the exact number of units covered will vary according to the group. Topics covered in the lessons include:
- Lesson 6: describing people, colours, adjectives and negative sentences
- Lesson 7: shopping, clothes, asking prices and paying, 'this', 'that', 'these' and 'those'
- Lesson 8: describing a photo and reading a poem
- Lesson 9: renting an apartment, reading an advertisement, writing an email, pronouns and prepositions and asking questions with 'where?'
- Lesson 10: asking for and giving directions, imperatives, the verb 'to take' and the adverb 'y'
By the end of the course, you should:
- be able to make your needs or wishes known in everyday situations, from shopping to asking for directions and conversing about yourself, family and interests, using the present tense
- gain an appreciation of the Francophone world, for example, learning about French public holidays.
Who should enrol
For those who have completed Beginning French 1 or the equivalent (approx 20 hours of study) this course aims to further develop conversational skills for everyday situations through speaking and listening activities and to extend grammar, reading and writing skills. Cultural aspects of France and the Francophone world will also be a focus of the course.
Le nouveau Taxi 1, Méthode de Français.