Beginning French 1
Fall in love with what many believe is the most romantic of all the Latin-derived languages; spoken in 29 countries across five continents
|TBA||10 October||Tuesday||6-8pm||9||$335||Enrolments closed|
The course is based on Lessons 0 to 5 of Le nouveau Taxi 1, Méthode de français, although the pace of the course and the exact number of units covered will vary according to the group. The textbook will be supplemented by audio and video material as well as by other print sources.
Topics covered for each lesson:
- Lesson 0: numbers and the alphabet
- Lesson 1: introductions, names, gender and the verb 'to be'
- Lesson 2: the definite article, prepositions, occupations and towns and countries
- Lesson 3: asking for news, age, address, telephone numbers, the indefinite article, objectives and the verbs 'to go' and 'to have'
- Lesson 4: personal details, likes and dislikes
- Lesson 5: locating and naming objects, singular and plural words, asking questions with 'what'.
Students who study Beginning French 1 find it stimulating and enjoyable because of the large amount of French they learn in a short period of time.
By the end of the course, you should :
- be able to express yourself in everyday situations such as greeting people, introducing themselves and others, talking about their likes and dislikes and asking questions
- gain an appreciation of the Francophone world through discussing French cultural values, such as the correct way to address someone who is not known to you.
Who should enrol
The course is designed for complete beginners and those interested in, and who enjoy, learning about the French language and culture.
Le nouveau Taxi 1, Méthode de Français.