Music at the movies
Rediscover some of your favourite films and learn how their soundtracks work. Why is the Star Wars soundtrack so catchy? How do film composers do what they do? How does a soundtrack make or break a scene? No prior music knowledge necessary.
|Alexander Hunter||16 August||Wednesday||6-8pm||6||$195||Enrolments closed|
Using some of our favourite films, explore how music can make or break a scene, while gaining some insight into how the whole process works.
- Topic 1: Introduction and a history of early film music
- Topic 2: Musicals
- Topic 3: Romantic comedies
- Topic 4: Action movies
- Topic 5: Suspense/Horror
- Topic 6: Independent films
By the end of the course, you should have a greater understanding of:
- the techniques and terms used in analysing film and film soundtracks
- how music and images interact in a wide range of movie genres
- how composers and directors work together to create film soundtracks.