How to see I and thou in art
How does one creat art when the muse refuses? Or when the muse is of the opposite sex? Especially interesting are women's strategies for not ending up as a muse - or worse - an 'art wife'. Pursue this intrigue through some of the greatest art of the part two-hundred years. To find new meanings from artists and models breaking with convention.
|Roy Forward||10 October||Tuesday||6-8pm||7||$295||Enrol now|
Explore some of the greatest art of the past two-hundred years, to find new meanings from artists and models breaking with convention.
- Cristofano Allori to Édouard Manet
- Auguste Rodin to Suzanne Valadon
- Paula Modersohn-Becker to Matthew Smith
- Natalia Goncharova to Sigrid Hjertén
- Jules Pascin to Josef & Anni Albers
- Man Ray to Barbara Hepworth
- Leonor Fini to Robert Rauschenberg & Jasper Johns
- Richard & Pat Larter to Marina Abramović
To learn how intrinsic the vagaries of human relationships are to the making of artistic masterpieces, and thus to understand more about art and life.
Full notes will be emailed during the course, and all images will be available for downloading onto your USB
Who should enrol
For everyone curious about today's world and how art connects us to everything else.