Art appreciation: Art and money
What art should I buy (or sell), and how should I go about it? Why aren't prices shown in commercial galleries? Can I trust art auctions? Is the art made by wealthy artists better than that made by those in poverty? This course both plumbs the depths of the market's hold on art, and enables you to know good art when you see it.
|Roy Forward||9 May||Tuesday||6-8pm||8||$310||Enrol now|
- Week 1: Artists’ solid gold garrets
- Week 2: Money, wealth and poverty in art
- Week 3: Dealers and collectors
- Week 4: Auction houses
- Week 5: Biennials, art fairs, art prizes, the internet
- Week 6: Museum councils, curators, voluntary guides
- Week 7: The new rich and private art museums
- Week 8: Price rigging, money laundering, tax evasion, fakes
Full notes will be emailed during the course.
By the end of the course, you should have a understanding of artists, dealers and buying/selling art.
Who should enrol
Anyone with a passion to learn more about art.