Shakespeare in a heartbeat
Fall in love with Shakespeare! Discover a rich understanding of the plays, verse, imagery, characters and lines of Shakespeare that your teenage self never appreciated. Looking at selected plays and sonnets, delve into the depths of story-telling, and discover the beauty and power of language.
|Gordana Platisa||11 October||Wednesday||6-8pm||8||$295||Enrol now|
- Topic 1 - The play’s the thing: Shakespeare and us.Three ways to kill the Bard. Bear baiting or bard bewitchment?
- Topic 2 - Let’s hear a play: love and death and everything in between.
- Topic 3 - Catching the rhythm: magical forests and love potions.
- Topic 4 - Riding the rhythm: language and character.
- Topic 5 - Star crossed lovers: bawdy bard and deadly poisons.
- Topic 6 - Scottish play: atmosphere, apparitions and atrocities.
- Topic 7 - Revenge and mercy: Hamlet and Shylock in conversation.
- Topic 8 - If music be the food of love: music, dancing and sonneteering.
By the end of this course, you should:
- learn how and why Shakespeare wrote his plays and sonnets in his unique way
- cultivate a love and enjoy for speaking and reading Shakespeare lines.
Who should enrol
Anyone with an interest in re-discovering and loving Shakespeare, or with a passion for decoding the Bard in the theatre context.