When you look at The Australian National University (ANU) web site our server makes a record of your visit and logs the following information:
- your browser's internet address
- the date and time of your visit to the site
- the pages you accessed and documents downloaded
- the previous site visited
- the type of browser you are using
- the username entered if accessing a restricted site.
ANU uses this information for statistical purposes and for system administration tasks to maintain this service. We do not attempt to identify individuals of our regular business practices however in the unlikely event of an investigation, the University, a law enforcement agency or other government agency may exercise its legal authority to inspect our server's logs.
External sites that are linked to or from the University site are generally not under our control or responsibility and you are advised to review their privacy statement.
ANU is an 'agency' for the purposes of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and as such complies with the obligations of the Privacy Act within that meaning.