The Centre for Continuing Education (CCE), located in the Fulton Muir Building, adjacent to Barry Drive, has three main areas of activity:
- tertiary Preparation Program
- short courses for professional and personal development
- community education and experiential activities.
The Director of CCE previously reported to the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research). Following a rearrangement of the University Executive portfolios in August 2011, the Director reports to the Pro Vice-Chancellor (Learning, Teaching & Students).
The retirement of the current Director and the advent of a new University Strategic Plan with strong emphasis on external engagement, particularly with the public sector, made it timely to review the future strategic positioning of the Centre and its offerings.
The review terms were to:
- Assess the programs of the CCE over the past few years, having particular regard to:
- enrolment numbers
- University interests and the interests of the Canberra community
- CCE’s role in University outreach
- the pathways provided by CCE into University award programs.
- Consider and make recommendations on CCE’s mission and its role in contributing to the University’s strategic objectives, particularly in relation to engagement with the public sector and access and equity.
- Make recommendations on CCE’s future activities and how these might relate to other educational programs in the University.
- Evaluate and make recommendations on CCE’s management, administrative and governance structure and its relationships with other areas of the University, and ANU Enterprise.
The review reported to the Pro Vice-Chancellor (Learning, Teaching & Students).