ANU and James Cook University signed a Memorandum of Understanding on 23 December 2010.
The two universities agreed to collaborate on a range of initiatives, creating pathways for students, building research capacity and developing new programs in areas of strength.
The MOU will enable students enrolled in ANU Graduate Studies Select programs to undertake James Cook University subjects and have them recognised for their qualifications.
- Establish a joint PhD program with up to five candidates commencing over a three-year period.
- Enable vacation scholarships at both universities in 2011.
- Explore feasibility of winter undergraduate courses taken at JCU for credit at ANU.
- Explore collaboration in establishing a Graduate Certificate in International Development in the Tropics.
- Develop staff research collaborations.
- Create pathways for high-performing JCU students to enter ANU programs and vice versa.